Glenna joined the O.A.S. in 1952 after taking a course from Norman Emerson. The same summer and for the two following summers, she participated in excavations at Sheguiandah under the direction of Tom Lee. In the years that followed she participated in excavations across the province at a number of well known sites, including Ault Park, Quackenbush and Serpent Mound. She was among the founding members of the Ottawa chapter in 1970. Between 1976 and 1979 she served as vice-president, between 2004 and 2008 she served as secretary, and since 2009 she has been the chapter president. She played an essential role in the hosting of the annual symposium in Petawawa in 2006. Her record shows strong commitment to both public archaeology and to publication. She played an active role in the excavations at Murphy’s Point Park and in excavations on the Bonnechere River watershed. She helped to editOttawa Valley Prehistory and between 2002 and 2010 she was the editor of the newsletter of the Ottawa Society of the Archaeological Institute of America. Glenna’s contribution to the O.A.S. and to Ontario archaeology has been long-term and varied. All those who know her are aware of her warmth, her positive outlook and her inquisitive mind. Thank you Glenna!